Ohtaekwangia koreensis gen. nov., sp. nov. and Ohtaekwangia kribbensis sp. nov., isolated from marine sand, deep-branching members of the phylum Bacteroidetes
Cited 41 time in
- Ohtaekwangia koreensis gen. nov., sp. nov. and Ohtaekwangia kribbensis sp. nov., isolated from marine sand, deep-branching members of the phylum Bacteroidetes
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Soo Young Lee; Jung-Sook Lee; Soo Yeon Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 5, pp. 1066-1072
- Publication Year
- Two Gram-stain-negative, non-motile, non-spore-forming, rod-shaped bacterial strains, designated 3B-2T and 10AOT, were isolated from a sand sample collected from the west coast of the Korean peninsula by using low-nutrient media, and their taxonomic positions were investigated in a polyphasic study. The strains did not grow on marine agar. They grew optimally at 30 °C and pH 6.5-7.5. Strains 3B-2T and 10AOT shared 97.5% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity and mean level of DNA-DNA relatedness of 12%. In phylogenetic trees based on 16S rRNA gene sequences, strains 3B-2T and 10AOT, together with several uncultured bacterial clones, formed independent lineages within the evolutionary radiation encompassed by the phylum Bacteroidetes. Strains 3B-2T and 10AOT contained MK-7 as the predominant menaquinone and iso-C15: 0 and C16: 1ω5c as the major fatty acids. The DNA G+C contents of strains 3B-2T and 10AOT were 42.8 and 44.6 mol%, respectively. Strains 3B-2T and 10AOT exhibited very low levels of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity (<85.0%) to the type strains of recognized bacterial species. These data were sufficient to support the proposal that the novel strains should be differentiated from previously known genera of the phylum Bacteroidetes. On the basis of the data presented, we suggest that strains 3B-2T and 10AOT represent two distinct novel species of a new genus, for which the names Ohtaekwangia koreensis gen. nov., sp. nov. (the type species; type strain 3B-2T =KCTC 23018T =CCUG 58939T) and Ohtaekwangia kribbensis sp. nov. (type strain 10AOT =KCTC 23019T =CCUG 58938T) are proposed.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.