3-Deoxysappanchalcone inhibits tumor necrosis factor-α-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in human keratinocytes through activated protein-1 inhibition and nuclear factor-kappa B DNA binding activity
Cited 19 time in
- 3-Deoxysappanchalcone inhibits tumor necrosis factor-α-induced matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression in human keratinocytes through activated protein-1 inhibition and nuclear factor-kappa B DNA binding activity
- U J Youn; K W Nam; Hui Seong Kim; G Choi; W S Jeong; M Y Lee; S Chae
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biological & Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 890-893
- Publication Year
- Tumor necrosis factor α (TNF-α), which is a primary cytokine responsible for inflammatory responses in skin, induces the synthesis of matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9), which causes skin aging. The protective effects of 3-deoxysappanchalcone against TNF-α-induced damage was investigated using human skin keratinocytes. The results showed that 3-deoxysappanchalcone inhibited MMP-9 expression at the protein and mRNA level, by blocking the activation of activator protein-1 (AP-1) and nuclear factor kappa B (NF-κB). Taken together, the inhibitory activity of 3-deoxysappanchalcone on MMP-9 expression and production in TNF-α-treated cells was found to be mediated by the suppression of AP-1 and NF-κB activation.
- 3-deoxysappanchalconeActivator protein-1Matrix metalloproteinase-9Nuclear factor kappa BSkin aging
- Pharmaceutical Soc Japan
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.