Paraperlucidibaca baekdonensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from seawater
Cited 14 time in
- Paraperlucidibaca baekdonensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from seawater
- Ki Hoon Oh; Soo Young Lee; Mi Hwa Lee; Tae Kwang Oh; Jung-Hoon Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 6, pp. 1382-1385
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-spore-forming, rod-shaped bacterial strain, RL-2T, was isolated from seawater of the East Sea in Korea and was subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. Strain RL-2T grew optimally at pH 7.5-8.0, at 20 °C and in the absence of NaCl. Phylogenetic trees based on 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that strain RL-2T forms a cluster with Perlucidibaca piscinae IMCC1704T and various uncultured and unidentified gammaproteobacteria. Strain RL-2T exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values of 96.1 % to Perlucidibaca piscinae IMCC1704T and 93.7-99.7 % to the uncultured bacterial clones belonging to the cluster and an unidentified gammaproteobacterium. The fatty acid profile of strain RL-2T was similar to that of Perlucidibaca piscinae IMCC1704T, but the predominant ubiquinone type (Q-11) of strain RL-2T was different from that (Q-8) of Perlucidibaca piscinae IMCC1704T. The DNA G+C content of strain RL-2T was 61.3 mol%. On the basis of phylogenetic, chemotaxonomic and phenotypic data, strain RL-2T is considered to represent a novel species of a new genus in the family Moraxellaceae, for which the name Paraperlucidibaca baekdonensis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain of Paraperlucidibaca baekdonensis is RL-2T (= KCTC 23145T = CCUG 59307T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.