The Rsv3 locus conferring resistance to Soybean mosaic virus is associated with a cluster of coiled-coil nucleotide-binding leucine-rich repeat genes = 콩 모자 바이러스에 대한 저항성을 주는 CC-NB LRR 유전자군과 연관된 Rs3 유전자
Cited 0 time in
- The Rsv3 locus conferring resistance to Soybean mosaic virus is associated with a cluster of coiled-coil nucleotide-binding leucine-rich repeat genes = 콩 모자 바이러스에 대한 저항성을 주는 CC-NB LRR 유전자군과 연관된 Rs3 유전자
- S J Suh; B C Bowman; Nam Hee Jeong; K Yang; C Kastl; S A Tolin; M A Saghai Maroof; Soon Chun Jeong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Plant Genome, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 55-64
- Publication Year
- The Soybean mosaic virus (SMV) resistance locus, Rsv3, previously mapped between markers A519F/R and M3Satt in the soybean molecular linkage group B2 (chromosome 14), has been characterized by examination of the soybean genome sequence. The 154 kbp interval encompassing Rsv3 contains a family of closely related coiled-coil nucleotide-binding leucine-rich repeat (CC-NB-LRR) genes. Tightly linked to this region are additional CC-NB-LRR genes and several leucine-rich repeat receptor-like kinase (LRR-RLK) genes, thereby indicating that members of both multigene families constitute a heterogeneous cluster at the Rsv3 chromosomal region. To further confi rm the sequence and genetic map concordance, we developed 16 markers from the genomic sequence including predicted CC-NB-LRR genes and their fl anking sequences. Mapping of the resultant markers in three populations showed parallel alignment between the genetic and sequence maps in the Rsv3-containing region. Phylogenetic analysis of fi ve CC-NB-LRR genes including a pseudogene showed they were highly similar to each other and formed a subclade within a CCNB-LRR gene clade with representatives from several plant families including legume species. These results demonstrate that the Rsv3 locus is associated with this cluster of CC-NB-LRR genes, thereby suggesting that the Rsv3 gene most likely encodes a member of this gene family. In addition, information from this study should facilitate
marker-assisted selection and pyramiding of resistance genes.
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.