Wickerhamomyces ochangensis sp. nov., an ascomycetous yeast isolated from the soil of a potato field = 감자밭에서 분리된 신종 효모 Wickerhamomyces ochangensis
Cited 10 time in
- Wickerhamomyces ochangensis sp. nov., an ascomycetous yeast isolated from the soil of a potato field = 감자밭에서 분리된 신종 효모 Wickerhamomyces ochangensis
- Kee Sun Shin; Kyung Sook Bae; Kang Hyun Lee; Doo Sang Park; G S Kwon; J B Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 10, pp. 2543-2546
- Publication Year
- A novel ascomycetous yeast, designated strain N7a-Y2T, was isolated from soil collected in a potato field in Ochang, Korea, and its taxonomic position was studied. A neighbour-joining tree based on the D1/D2 domain of large-subunit rRNA gene sequences revealed that the isolate was a member of the Wickerhamomyces clade and that it was closely related to Wickerhamomyces bisporus, Candida quercuum, Candida ulmi and Wickerhamomyces alni. Strain N7a-Y2T formed Saturn-shaped ascospores in unconjugated and persistent asci. D1/D2 domain 26S rRNA gene sequence divergences of 11.0-21.1% between strain N7a-Y2T and other members of the Wickerhamomyces clade indicate that the strain represents a novel species of the genus Wickerhamomyces, for which the name Wickerhamomyces ochangensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is N7a-Y2T (5KCTC 17870T 5CBS 11843T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.