Effect of droplet vitrification on mitochondrial membrane potential and developmental competence in two-cell mouse embryos = 마우스 2세포기 난자를 이용한 방울 초급성동결시 미토콘드리아 막 전위와 배발달 능력의 효과
Cited 2 time in
- Effect of droplet vitrification on mitochondrial membrane potential and developmental competence in two-cell mouse embryos = 마우스 2세포기 난자를 이용한 방울 초급성동결시 미토콘드리아 막 전위와 배발달 능력의 효과
- B H Kim; Ji Su Kim; J S Ryu; S H Lee; J T Lee; J Y Kang; Kyu Tae Chang; Y K Choo
- Bibliographic Citation
- Animal Cells and Systems, vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 287-294
- Publication Year
- The accelerated cooling rate associated with vitrification reduces injuries attributed to cryopreservation and improves the post-freezing developmental competence of vitrified embryos. In this study, embryos were vitrified and warmed and morphologically evaluated for their development to blastocysts. Survival rates between the fresh (96.7%±3.8%) and vitrified embryos (90.7%±5.1%) did not differ significantly (P >0.05). The mitochondrial membrane potential of fresh control cells measured by 5,5′,6,6′-tetrachloro-1,1′,3,3′-tetraethylbenzimidazolyl carbocyanide iodide staining was similar to that of cryoprotected and vitrified embryos. Mitochondrial staining with rhodamine 123 did not differ among the fresh, cryoprotected, and vitrified embryos. Moreover, the distribution of H2O2, assessed by 2′,7′-dichlorodihydrofluorescein diacetate staining, did not differ among the groups. The results showed that the developmental rate did not differ significantly among the fresh (87.8%±11.3%), cryoprotected (83.2%±7.6%), and vitrified 2-cell embryos (75.8%±14.2%). The mean number of the inner cell mass (ICM), trophectoderm (TE), and apoptotic cells was counted and statistically compared, and although the number of ICM and TE was decreased in the cryoprotected and vitrified embryos, there were no significant differences among the groups (P >0.05). During the cultivation period, randomly selected blastocysts from each group were stained using either 4′,6-diamidino-2-phenylindole and bisbenzimide or the terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase mediated dUTP nick-end labeling technique. The incidence of apoptosis appeared to be almost identical in all the groups. Droplet vitrification could subsequently lead to high survival and developmental rates of cryopreserved mouse embryos.
- apoptosismitochondrial membrane potentialvitrification
- T&F (Taylor & Francis)
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Primate Resources Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.