Dynamics of bacterial communities analyzed by DGGE during cyanobacterial bloom in Daechung Reservoir, Korea = 대청호 수화 발생시기의 미생물 다양성 및 계통분류학적 분석
Cited 0 time in
- Dynamics of bacterial communities analyzed by DGGE during cyanobacterial bloom in Daechung Reservoir, Korea = 대청호 수화 발생시기의 미생물 다양성 및 계통분류학적 분석
- So Ra Ko; Chi-Yong Ahn; Young Ki Lee; Hee-Mock Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of Environmental Biology, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 225-235
- Publication Year
- The change of microbial communities during cyanobacterial bloom was comparatively analyzed by 16S rDNA PCR-DGGE in Daechung Reservoir during 2003~2005. Morphological analysis showed that Cyanophyceae dominated algal community in the bloom. Dominant cyanobacteria were Microcystis, Planktothrix (Oscillatoria), Phormidium and Anabaena. We used 16S rDNA-denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) profiles and phylogenetic affiliations of the DGGE bands to analyze the community structure and diversity of the predominant microbial
community. The DGGE band patterns demonstrated that the most frequent bands were identified as Microcystis during the monitoring periods, Planktothrix also dominated on September 2003 and 2004, whereas Anabaena was showed a peak on September 2005 and Aphanizomenon on August 2003. DGGE and phylogenetic analysis provided us new information that could not be obtained by traditional, morphological analysis. The relationship between cyanobacteria and other aquatic bacteria can be traced and their genetic diversity also identified in detail.
- algal bloom; community; cyanobacteria; DGGE
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Cell Factory Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.