Kaistia geumhonensis sp. nov. and Kaistia dalseonensis sp. nov., two members of the class Alphaproteobacteria
Cited 6 time in
- Kaistia geumhonensis sp. nov. and Kaistia dalseonensis sp. nov., two members of the class Alphaproteobacteria
- L Jin; Kwang-Kyu Kim; S H Baek; S T Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 11, pp. 2577-2581
- Publication Year
- Two strains, designated B1-1T and B6-8T, were isolated from the Geumho River and the Dalseo Stream in Korea. Comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed a clear affiliation of these two bacteria with the class Alphaproteobacteria, their closest relatives being Kaistia adipata KCTC 12095T, Kaistia granuli KCTC 12575T, Kaistia soli KACC 12605T and Kaistia terrae KACC 12910T with 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities of 95.3 -97.7% to the two novel strains. Strains B1-1T and B6-8T shared a 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity value of 96.1%. Cells of the two strains were Gram-reaction-negative, aerobic, non-motile, short rods or cocci. The predominant ubiquinone was Q-10. The major fatty acids were C16: 0, C18: 1ω7c, C18: 0 and C19: 0ω8c cyclo for strain B1-1T and C16: 0, C18: 1ω7c, C18: 0, C18: 1 2-OH, and C19: 0OH, an8c cyclo for strain B6-8T. The G+C contents of the genomic DNA of the strains B1-1T and B6-8T were 61.6 and 66.5 mol%, respectively. Based on the results of this polyphasic study, strains B1-1T (=KCTC 12849T =DSM 18799T) and B6-8T (=KCTC 12850T =DSM 18800T) represent two novel species of the genus Kaistia, for which the names Kaistia geumhonensis sp. nov. and Kaistia dalseonensis sp. nov. are proposed, respectively.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.