Oceanisphaera ostreae sp. nov., isolated from seawater of an oyster farm, and emended description of the genus Oceanisphaera Romanenko et al. 2003
Cited 9 time in
- Oceanisphaera ostreae sp. nov., isolated from seawater of an oyster farm, and emended description of the genus Oceanisphaera Romanenko et al. 2003
- Won Chan Choi; So Jung Kang; Yong Taek Jung; Tae Kwang Oh; Jung-Hoon Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 61, no. 12, pp. 2880-2884
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-negative, motile, non-spore-forming and short rod- or rod-shaped bacterial strain, T-w6T, was isolated from seawater of an oyster farm in the South Sea, Korea. Strain T-w6T grew optimally at 25 °C and in the presence of 2% (w/v) NaCl. Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain T-w6T joined the cluster comprising Oceanisphaera species with a bootstrap resampling value of 90.8%, and this cluster joined the clade comprising members of the genera Oceanimonas and Zobellella with a bootstrap resampling value of 100%. Strain T-w6T exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity of 95.9 and 96.6% to the type strains of Oceanisphaera litoralis and Oceanisphaera donghaensis, respectively. Strain T-w6T and the type strains of Oceanisphaera litoralis and Oceanisphaera donghaensis had Q-8 as the predominant ubiquinone and iso-C15:0 2-OH and/or C16:1ω7c, C18:1vωc and C16:0 as the major fatty acids. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylglycerol and phosphatidylethanolamine. The DNA G+C content of strain T-w6T was 56.6 mol%. Mean DNA-DNA relatedness of strain T-w6T with Oceanisphaera litoralis DSM 15406T and Oceanisphaera donghaensis KCTC 12522T was 13 and 10%, respectively. Phenotypic properties of strain T-w6T demonstrated that this strain could be distinguished from the other Oceanisphaera species. On the basis of the data presented, strain T-w6T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Oceanisphaera, for which the name Oceanisphaera ostreae sp. nov. is proposed; the type strain is T-w6T (=KCTC 23422T =CCUG 60525T). An emended description of the genus Oceanisphaera is also presented.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.