Hoya ignorata (Apocynaceae, Asclepiadoideae): An overlooked species widely distributed across Southeast Asia
Cited 14 time in
- Hoya ignorata (Apocynaceae, Asclepiadoideae): An overlooked species widely distributed across Southeast Asia
- T T Bach; J H Kim; D K Kim; Joongku Lee; B T Ha; N S Juhonewe; M Rodda
- Bibliographic Citation
- Novon, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 508-514
- Publication Year
- A new species, Hoya ignorata T. B. Tran, Rodda, Simonsson & Joongku Lee (Apocynaceae, Asclepiadoideae) is described and illustrated from Vietnam. The new taxon, widely distributed in Southeast Asia, does not seem to be related to any previously described Hoya R. Br., due to its small cupular coronas lacking lobes, and pendulous pollinia. These morphological characters, new for the genus Hoya, are discussed in light of the recent broadening of the circumscription of the genus following the results of molecular phylogenies and morphological studies.
- Apocynaceae; Hoya; IUCN Red List; Malaysia; Sabah; Thailand; Vietnam
- Missouri Botanical Garden
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.