Methylobacterium gossipiicola sp. nov., a pinkpigmented, facultatively methylotrophic bacterium isolated from the cotton phyllosphere
Cited 29 time in
- Methylobacterium gossipiicola sp. nov., a pinkpigmented, facultatively methylotrophic bacterium isolated from the cotton phyllosphere
- M Madhaiyan; S Poonguzhali; M Senthilkumar; Jung-Sook Lee; Keun Chul Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 62, no. 1, pp. 162-167
- Publication Year
- A pink, aerobic, facultatively methylotrophic, motile, Gram-negative rod, designated Gh-105 T, was isolated from the phyllosphere of cotton from Coimbatore (Tamilnadu, India). 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed clearly that the isolate belonged to the Methylobacterium cluster. Strain Gh-105 T was most closely related to Methylobacterium adhaesivum AR27 T (99% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity) and Methylobacterium iners 5317S-33 T (97.5 %). The isolate grew with C 1 compounds such as methanol and dichloromethane, but not with formaldehyde, formate, methylamine, trimethylamine or methane, as sole carbon sources and carried mxaF, which encodes methanol dehydrogenase and supports methylotrophic metabolism. The major fatty acid was C 18:1ω7c and the G+C content of the genomic DNA was 64.2 mol%. Physiological and biochemical data and DNA-DNA relatedness with M. adhaesivum KACC 12195 T and M. iners KACC 11765 T revealed clear phenotypic and genotypic differences. For this reason, we propose that strain Gh-105 T (=CCM 7572 T =NRRL B-51692 T) represents the type strain of a novel species, with the name Methylobacterium gossipiicola sp. nov.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.