Tropicimonas aquimaris sp. nov., isolated from seawater, and emended description of the genus Tropicimonas Harwati et al. 2009
Cited 11 time in
- Tropicimonas aquimaris sp. nov., isolated from seawater, and emended description of the genus Tropicimonas Harwati et al. 2009
- Ki-Hoon Oh; Won Chan Choi; Yong Taek Jung; So Jung Kang; Tae Kwang Oh; J H Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 62, no. 3, pp. 688-692
- Publication Year
- A Gram-staining-negative, aerobic, non-motile and rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated DPG-21 T, was isolated from seawater from the South Sea in Korea, and investigated using a polyphasic taxonomic approach. Strain DPG-21 T grew optimally at pH 7.0-8.0, at 30 °C and in the presence of 2% (w/v) NaCl. In a neighbour-joining phylogenetic tree based on 16S rRNA gene sequences, strain DPG-21 T clustered with Tropicimonas isoalkanivorans B51 T (with a sequence similarity of 97.1 %); the novel strain showed lower 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities (<95.4 %) with the other species included in the tree. The mean DNA-DNA relatedness value between strain DPG-21 T and T. isoalkanivorans DSM 19548 T was 12 %. The predominant ubiquinones of strain DPG-21 T were Q-10 and Q-9 while C 18: 1 ω7c was the strain's major fatty acid. The polar lipid profile of strain DPG-21 T was similar to that of T. isoalkanivorans DSM 19548 T. The genomic DNA G+C content of the novel strain was 69.6 mol%. Some phenotypic properties and the phylogenetic and genetic data indicated that strain DPG-21 T was distinct from T. isoalkanivorans and represents a novel species of the genus Tropicimonas, for which the name Tropicimonas aquimaris sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DPG-21 T (=KCTC 23424 T=CCUG 60524 T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.