Cited 20 time in
- Structural insights into the dual-targeting mechanism of Nutlin-3
- Jae-Sun Shin; Ji-Hyang Ha; F He; Y Muto; K S Ryu; H S Yoon; Sunghyun Kang; Sung Goo Park; Byoung Chul Park; S U Choi; Seung-Wook Chi
- Bibliographic Citation
- Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, vol. 420, no. 1, pp. 48-53
- Publication Year
- Multi-targeting therapy is an emerging strategy of drug discovery to improve therapeutic efficacy, safety and resistance profiles. In this study, we monitored the binding of a potent MDM2 inhibitor Nutlin-3 with anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family proteins using NMR spectroscopy. Our results showed the universal binding of Nutlin-3 with diverse anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family proteins. Taken together with the binding data for Nutlin-3 analogs, the structural model of the Bcl-X L/Nutlin-3 complex showed that the binding mode of Nutlin-3 resembles that of the Bcl-X L/Bcl-2 inhibitors, suggesting the molecular mechanism of transcription-independent mitochondrial apoptosis by Nutlin-3. Finally, our structural comparison provides structural insights into the dual-targeting mechanism of how Nutlin-3 can bind to two different target proteins, MDM2 and anti-apoptotic Bcl-2 family proteins in a similar manner.
- Apoptosis; Bcl-2 family proteins; Multi-targeting drug; NMR; Nutlin-3
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Disease Target Structure Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.