Marivita hallyeonensis sp. nov., isolated from seawater, reclassification of Gaetbulicola byunsanensis as Marivita byunsanensis comb. nov. and emended description of the genus Marivita Hwang et al. 2009
Cited 19 time in
- Marivita hallyeonensis sp. nov., isolated from seawater, reclassification of Gaetbulicola byunsanensis as Marivita byunsanensis comb. nov. and emended description of the genus Marivita Hwang et al. 2009
- Jung-Hoon Yoon; So Jung Kang; Soo Young Lee; Yong Taek Jung; Jung-Sook Lee; Tae Kwang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 839-843
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-negative, non-motile, non-spore-forming, aerobic, rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated DPG-28 T, was isolated from seawater on the southern coast of Korea. Strain DPG- 28 Tgrew optimally at 30 °C and in the presence of 2% (w/v) NaCl. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain DPG-28 Tformed a coherent cluster with members of the genera Marivita and Gaetbulicola, with which it exhibited sequence similarity values of 97.8-98.5 %. The DNA G+C content of strain DPG-28 Twas 65.1 mol%. The predominant ubiquinone of strain DPG-28 Twas ubiquinone-10 (Q-10), consistent with data for the genera Marivita and Gaetbulicola. The cellular fatty acid profiles of strain DPG-28 Tand the type strains of Marivita cryptomonadis, Marivita litorea and Gaetbulicola byunsanensis were essentially similar in that the common predominant fatty acid was C 18: 1ω7c. Major polar lipids found in strain DPG-28 Tand the type strains of M. cryptomonadis, M. litorea and G. byunsanensiswere phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine and an unidentified aminolipid. From these data, it is proposed that Gaetbulicola byunsanensis be reclassified as a member of the genus Marivita, for which the name Marivita byunsanensis comb. nov. is proposed, with the type strain SMK-114 T(=CCUG 57612 T =KCTC 22632 T), and that strain DPG-28 Tbe classified in the genus Marivita. Differential phenotypic properties and genetic distinctiveness of strain DPG-28 Tdemonstrated that this strain is distinguishable from M. cryptomonadis, M. litorea and G. byunsanensis. On the basis of the data presented, strain DPG-28 Tis considered to represent a novel species of the genus Marivita, for which the name Marivita hallyeonensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is DPG-28 T(=KCTC 23421 T =CCUG 60522 T). An emended description of the genus Marivita is also provided.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Metabolic Regulation Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.