Cited 57 time in
- Phenolic compounds isolated from Psoralea corylifolia inhibit IL-6-induced STAT3 activation = 오수유로부터 분리한 폴리페놀 화합물의 IL-6유도성 STAT3 저해활성
- Seung Woong Lee; Bo Ra Yun; Mi-Hwa Kim; Chan Sun Park; Woo Song Lee; Hyun Mee Oh; Mun Chual Rho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Planta Medica, vol. 78, no. 9, pp. 903-906
- Publication Year
- Inhibiting interleukin-6 (IL-6) has been postulated as an effective therapy in the pathogenesis of several inflammatory diseases. In this study, seven flavonoids were isolated from the methanol extracts of Psoralea corylifolia by bioactivity-guided fractionation. The structures of bakuchiol (1), bavachinin (2), neobavaisoflavone (3), corylifol A (4), corylin (5), isobavachalcon (6), and bavachin (7) were determined by spectroscopic analysis ( 1H-, 13C- NMR and MS). We demonstrated that compounds 1-7 showed an inhibitory effect on IL-6-induced STAT3 promoter activity in Hep3B cells with ICvalues of 4.57 ± 0.45, 3.02 ± 0.53, 2.77 ± 0.02, 0.81 ± 0.15, 1.37 ± 0.45, 2.45 ± 0.13, and 4.89 ± 0.05 , respectively. These compounds also inhibited STAT3 phosphorylation induced by IL-6 in Hep3B cells. Overall, several flavonoids from P. corylifolia might be useful remedies for treating inflammatory diseases by inhibiting IL-6-induced STAT3 activation and phosphorylation.
- anti-inflammatory; Fabaceae; flavonoids; IL-6; Psoralea corylifolia L.; STAT3
- Georg Thieme Verlag Kg
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.