Mass production of rubusoside using a novel stevioside-specific beta-glucosidase from Aspergillus aculeatus = 아스퍼질러스 아큘리터스 유래 스테비오사이드 특이적 베타글루코시다제를 이용한 루부소사이드의 대량생산
Cited 26 time in
- Mass production of rubusoside using a novel stevioside-specific beta-glucosidase from Aspergillus aculeatus = 아스퍼질러스 아큘리터스 유래 스테비오사이드 특이적 베타글루코시다제를 이용한 루부소사이드의 대량생산
- Jin A Ko; Young Min Kim; Young Bae Ryu; Hyung Jae Jung; Tae Soon Park; Su-Jin Park; Y J Wee; Joong Su Kim; D Kim; Woo Song Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 60, no. 24, pp. 6210-6216
- Publication Year
- Rubusoside (R) is a natural sweetener and a solubilizing agent with antiangiogenic and antiallergic properties. However, currently, its production is quite expensive, and therefore, we have investigated nine commercially available glycosidases to optimize an economically viable R-production method. A stevioside (ST)-specific β-glucosidase (SSGase) was selected and purified 7-fold from Aspergillus aculeatus Viscozyme L by a two-step column chromatography procedure. The 79 kDa protein was stable from pH 3.0 to pH 7.0 at 50-60 °C. Hydrolysis of ST by SSGase produced R and steviol monoglucosyl ester as determined by 1H and 13C nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR). Importantly, SSGase showed higher activity toward ST than other β-linked glucobioses. The optimal conditions for R production were 280 mM ST and 16.6 μL of SSGase at pH 5.1 and 63 °C. This is the first discussion detailing the production of R by enzymatic hydrolysis of ST and is useful for the food additive and pharmaceutical industries.
- β-glucosidase; Aspergillus aculeatus; natural solubilizer; rubusoside; stevioside
- Amer Chem Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > SME Support Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.