Cited 0 time in
- Bacterial genome mapper: a comparative bacterial genome mapping tool
- Kang Seon Lee; Ryong Nam Kim; Byoung Ha Yoon; Dae Soo Kim; Sang Haeng Choi; Dong Wook Kim; Seong Hyeuk Nam; Aeri Kim; Aram Kang; Kun Hyang Park; Jae Eun Jung; S H Chae; Hong-Seog Park
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioinformation, vol. 8, no. 11, pp. 532-534
- Publication Year
- Recently, next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies have led to a revolutionary increase in sequencing speed and costefficacy.
Consequently, a vast number of contigs from many recently sequenced bacterial genomes remain to be accurately mapped
and annotated, requiring the development of more convenient bioinformatics programs. In this paper, we present a newly
developed web-based bioinformatics program, Bacterial Genome Mapper, which is suitable for mapping and annotating contigs
that have been assembled from bacterial genome sequence raw data. By constructing a multiple alignment map between target
contig sequences and two reference bacterial genome sequences, this program also provides very useful comparative genomics
analysis of draft bacterial genomes.
- bacterial genome; contig mapping program
- Biomedical Informatics Publishing Group
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Research on National Challenges > Environmental diseases research center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Facility Management Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.