Non-ionic polysorbate surfactants: alternative inducers of medium-chain-length poly(3-hydroxyalkanoates) (MCL-PHAs) for production of extracellular MCL-PHA depolymerases
Cited 1 time in
- Non-ionic polysorbate surfactants: alternative inducers of medium-chain-length poly(3-hydroxyalkanoates) (MCL-PHAs) for production of extracellular MCL-PHA depolymerases
- B S Seo; Kim Do Young; Y Y Ni; Kwang Hee Son; Ho Yong Park; Y H Rhee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioresource Technology, vol. 121, no. 1, pp. 47-53
- Publication Year
- The potential of non-ionic polysorbate surfactants as alternative inducers of medium-chain-length poly(3-hydroxyalkanoates) (MCL-PHAs) for the production of diverse bacterial MCL-PHA depolymerases was evaluated. When grown with corn oil as the sole carbon substrate, Pseudomonas alcaligenes LB19 preferentially produced lipolytic enzymes, but its MCL-PHA depolymerase was not induced by the substrate. However, the results of activity staining and sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis analysis clearly revealed that Tween 20 induced simultaneous production of lipolytic enzymes and the MCL-PHA depolymerase with the molecular mass (26.5. kDa) of P. alcaligenes LB19, which has been previously identified. Moreover, the co-production of two functionally distinct hydrolytic enzymes induced by Tween 20 was commonly observed in various Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria that were fed the substrate. Thus, it is expected that non-ionic polysorbate surfactants including Tween 20 can be widely exploited as promising universal substrates for the facile and efficient production of diverse MCL-PHA depolymerases.
- MCL-PHAMedium-chain-length poly(3-hydroxyalkanoate) depolymerasePolysorbate surfactantsPseudomonas alcaligenes LB19Tween compounds
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.