Cited 16 time in
- New geldanamycin analogs from Streptomyces hygroscopicus = 방선균에서 생산된 새로운 젤다나마이신
- C Z Wu; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jong Seog Ahn; Young-Soo Hong
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology, vol. 22, no. 11, pp. 1478-1481
- Publication Year
- Geldanamycin (GM) and its analogs are important anticancer agents that inhibit heat shock protein (Hsp) 90, which is a major chaperone protein in cancer cells. Accordingly, based on interest in obtaining novel natural GM derivatives, the potential of Streptomyces hygroscopicus JCM4427, a GM producer, was explored for novel natural GM derivative(s), resulting in the discovery of new GM analogs as a biosynthetic shunt product and intermediates from its fermentation broth. In this study, the fermentation, isolation, structure determination, and biological activity of the compounds, two new tetracyclic thiazinogeldanamycin (1) and 19-hydroxy-4,5-dihydrogeldanamycin (3), together with the three known 4,5-dihydrothiazinogeldanamycin (2), reblastatin (4), and 17-demethoxy-reblastatin (5), are described.
- Biosynthetic shunt product; Geldanamycin; Natural products
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Anticancer Agent Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.