Cited 19 time in
- Inhibition of LFA-1/ICAM-1-mediated cell adhesion by stilbene derivatives from Rheum undulatum = 스틸벤 유도체에 의한 LFA-1/ICAM-1-매개 세포부착 억제 효능
- Seung Woong Lee; B S Hwang; Mi-Hwa Kim; Chan Sun Park; Woo Song Lee; Hyun Mee Oh; Mun Chual Rho
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 1763-1770
- Publication Year
- Six stilbenes were isolated from the methanol extract of Rheum undulatum rhizomes by bioactivity- guided fractionation. The structures of the compounds were determined by spectroscopic analysis (1H-, 13C-NMR and MS), to be desoxyrhapontigenin (1), rhapontigenin (2), trans-resveratrol (3), piceatannol (4), piceatannol-3'-O-β-D-glucopyranoside (5) and isorhapontin (6). Compounds 1-4 inhibited the direct binding between sICAM-1 and LFA-1 of the THP- 1 cells in a dose-dependent manner with IC50 values of 50.1, 25.4, 33.4 and 45.9 μM, respectively. On the other hand, the other compounds 5 and 6 with a glucose moiety in each molecule did not show any inhibitory activity in the cell adhesion assay (IC50 values of >100.0 μM). Compounds 2, 3 and 4 also had an inhibitory effect on direct binding between sVCAM-1 and VLA-4 of THP-1 cells. This suggests that the stilbenes from Rheum undulatum rhizomes are good candidates for therapeutic strategies towards inflammation.
- Anti-inflammatory agents; Cell adhesion molecules; Intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1); Lymphocyte function-associated antigen-1 (LFA-1); Rheum undulatum; Stilbenes
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Immunoregulatory materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Functional Biomaterial Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.