Cited 30 time in
- Altererythrobacter troitsensis sp. nov., isolated from the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus intermedius
- O I Nedashkovskaya; S H Cho; Y Joung; K Joh; Mi-Na Kim; Kee Sun Shin; Hyun Woo Oh; Kyung Sook Bae; V M Mikhailov; S B Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. 93-97
- Publication Year
- An aerobic, halotolerant, Gram-negative bacterium was isolated from the sea urchin Strongylocentrotus intermedius and subjected to taxonomic characterization. The strain, designated KMM 6042T, was rod-shaped, motile and yellow-pigmented. Phylogenetic analysis indicated that the strain was most closely related to the type strain of Altererythrobacter dongtanensis, and the level of 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity between the two was 99.0%. However, the DNA-DNA relatedness between the two strains was 34.4±7.6%. Physiological and chemotaxonomic properties clearly distinguished the novel strain from other species of the genus Altererythrobacter. It is thus evident from the phylogenetic and phenotypic analyses that strain KMM 6042T merits recognition as a novel species of the genus Altererythrobacter, for which the name Altererythrobacter troitsensis sp. nov. (type strain, KMM 6042T5KCTC 12303T5JCM 17037T) is proposed.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Facility Management Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.