The production of 1,3-propanediol from mixtures of glycerol and glucose by a Klebsiella pneumoniae mutant deficient in carbon catabolite repression
Cited 29 time in
- The production of 1,3-propanediol from mixtures of glycerol and glucose by a Klebsiella pneumoniae mutant deficient in carbon catabolite repression
- Baek Rock Oh; Won-Kyung Hong; Sun-Yeon Heo; L H Luo; A Kondo; Jeong-Woo Seo; Chul Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bioresource Technology, vol. 130, pp. 719-724
- Publication Year
- In the present study, mutant strain of Klebsiella pneumoniae with deletion of the crr gene encoding EIIAGlc (a component of the glucose-specific phosphoenolpyruvate-dependent transferase system [PTS]) was prepared. This eliminated the ability of the strain to mediate carbon catabolite repression (CCR). Production of 1,3-propanediol (1,3-PD) from glycerol by the crr mutant strain was enhanced (compared to that of the parent) in the presence of glucose. Using molasses as a co-substrate of glycerol, the maximum yield of 1,3-PD was 60.4% greater (81.2g/l) than that obtained when glycerol was used alone, under optimum fermentation conditions.
- 1,3-Propanediol; Carbon catabolite repression; Crr; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Mixtures of glycerol and glucose
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.