우리나라 BT 융합기술 시장의 특성에 관한 실증연구 = An empirical study on the characteristics of BT-based converging technology market in Korea
Cited 0 time in
- 우리나라 BT 융합기술 시장의 특성에 관한 실증연구 = An empirical study on the characteristics of BT-based converging technology market in Korea
- N L Choi; Byung Hwan Hyun; P R Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Korea Technology Innovation Society, vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 299-322
- Publication Year
- Biotechnology is considered a new propeller to national economic growth. Although BT-based converging technology is one of keywords in nowadays, few studies analyze the characteristics of Korean BT convergence market.
This study has conducted the analysis of BT-based converging technology market by using patent database in KIPO (Korean Intellectual Property Office) from 2000 to 2010. We, especially, have classified BT convergence into homogeneous and heterogeneous ones, and compare the nature of BT convergence market with that of non-convergence one. To achieve the object of this study, the following methods are used: concentration across IPC technological classes; concentration of patenting activity across firms; PFS (Patent Family Size) index. Furthermore, according to FOS technology-industry table, we have intended to find new converging industry of BT heterogeneous converging technologies. As very few studies have focused on Korean converging technology market so far, this analysis is considered to be meaningful.
It is found that the market of BT converging technology is rather robust than that of BT non-converging one, which refers that BT convergence shows the tendency of concentration towards few technologies by few conglomerate firms in Korea. Meanwhile, we have derived a BINET keyword map to research the convergence of sub-technologies in detail and the related industries. We expect the implications of this study to be utilized in establishing the BT-based converging technology policy.
- BTBiotechnologyConvergencetechnology market
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.