Cited 15 time in
- Pedobacter luteus sp. nov., isolated from soil
- Hyun Woo Oh; Byung Chun Kim; Doo Sang Park; W J Jeong; Hyang-Mi Kim; Kang Hyun Lee; Sung Uk Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 63, no. 4, pp. 1304-1310
- Publication Year
- Two strains of Gram-staining-negative, rod-shaped bacteria that were motile by gliding, N7d-4T and B4a-b5, were isolated during a study of culturable bacteria in soil cultivated with potatoes. These isolates grew at 15-37 °C and at pH 6.5-7.0. The major cellular fatty acids were summed feature 3 (iso-C15:0 2-OH and/or C16:1 ω7c), anteiso-C15:0, iso-C15:0, iso-C17:0 3-OH and iso-C17:1 ω9c. The major polar lipids were phosphatidyl-N-methylethanolamine and phosphatidylethanolamine. The strains contained d-18:0 and d-19:0 sphingosines. The DNA G+C contents of strains N7d-4T and B4a-b5 were 48.5 and 46.9 mol% (HPLC), respectively. A phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strains N7d-4T and B4a-b5 were affiliated with Pedobacter species in the family Sphingobacteriaceae. Strains N7d-4T and B4a-b5 shared 99.9% sequence similarity, and the most closely related Pedobacter type strains were Pedobacter composti TR6-06T (96.5 and 96.7% sequence similarity, respectively), P. oryzae N7T (95.4 and 95.6%) and P. caeni LMG 22862T (94.0 and 94.4%). Phenotypic data and phylogenetic inference clearly distinguished the two isolates from other Pedobacter species. Based on these data, the isolates are considered to represent a novel species of the genus Pedobacter, for which the name Pedobacter luteus sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is N7d-4T (=KCTC 22699T =DSM 22385T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Bio Technology Innovation > Core Research Facility & Analysis Center > 1. Journal Articles
Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.