Engineered heterologous FPP synthases-mediated Z,E-FPP synthesis in E. coli = 외래 FPP synthase를 활용한 대장균에서의 Z,E-FPP의 생합성
Cited 16 time in
- Engineered heterologous FPP synthases-mediated Z,E-FPP synthesis in E. coli = 외래 FPP synthase를 활용한 대장균에서의 Z,E-FPP의 생합성
- C Wang; J Zhou; H J Jang; S H Yoon; J Y Kim; Seung Goo Lee; Eui Sung Choi; S W Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Metabolic Engineering, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 53-59
- Publication Year
- Production of Z-type farnesyl diphosphate (FPP) has not been reported in Escherichia coli. Here we present the fusion enzyme (ILRv) of E. coli E,. E-FPP synthase (IspA) and Mycobacterium tuberculosis Z,. E-FPP synthase (Rv1086), which can produce primarily Z,. E-FPP rather than E,. E-FPP, the predominant stereoisomer found in most organisms. Z,. E-farnesol (FOH) was produced from E. coli harboring the bottom portion of the MVA pathway and the fusion FPP synthase (ILRv) at a titer of 115.6. mg/L in 2. YT medium containing 1% (v/v) glycerol as a carbon source and 5. mM mevalonate. The Z,E-FOH production was improved by 15-fold, compared with 7.7. mg/L obtained from the co-overexpression of separate IspA and Rv1086. The Z,. E-FPP was not metabolized in native metabolic pathways of E. coli. It would be of interest to produce Z,. E-FPP derived sesquiterpenes from recombinant E. coli due to no loss of Z,. E-FPP substrate in endogenous metabolism of the host strain.
- FPP synthase; Protein fusion; Sesquiterpene; Z,E-Farnesol; Z,E-FPP
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Synthetic Biology and Bioengineering Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Bio Technology Innovation > BioProcess Engineering Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.