Litorisediminicola beolgyonensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from a coastal sediment
Cited 20 time in
- Litorisediminicola beolgyonensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from a coastal sediment
- J H Yoon; Soo Young Lee; Y T Jung; Jung-Sook Lee; Keun Chul Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 2025-2031
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-spore-forming, aerobic, non-flagellated and rod- or oval-shaped bacterial strain, BB-MW24T, was isolated from a coastal sediment in South Korea. Strain BB-MW24T grew optimally at 30-37 °C, at pH 7.0-7.5 and in the presence of 2.0-3.0% (w/v) NaCl. A neighbourjoining phylogenetic tree based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain BB-MW24T clustered with Ponticoccus litoralis CL-GR66T and Roseivivax lentus S5-5T, with which it exhibited 96.0 and 96.2% 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity, respectively. Strain BB-MW24T exhibited 85.2% gyrB sequence similarity with Sagittula stellata DSM 11524T and 83.3 and 83.2% gyrB sequence similarity with P. litoralis DSM 18986T and R. lentus S5-5T, respectively. Strain BB-MW24T contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone and C18: 1 ω7c as the predominant fatty acid. The polar lipid profile in strain BB-MW24T was similar to those of members of the genera Ponticoccus and Roseivivax, but one unidentified phospholipid was found as a major polar lipid only in strain BB-MW24T. The DNA G+C content was 68.9 mol%. The phylogenetic data and differential chemotaxonomic and phenotypic properties revealed that strain BB-MW24T represents a novel species in a new genus within the class Alphaproteobacteria, for which the name Litorisediminicola beolgyonensis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed; the type strain of Litorisediminicola beolgyonensis is BB-MW24T (=KCTC 32139T =CCUG 62953T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.