Jejudonia soesokkakensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from the junction between the ocean and a freshwater spring, and emended description of the genus Aureitalea Park et al. 2012
Cited 11 time in
- Jejudonia soesokkakensis gen. nov., sp. nov., a member of the family Flavobacteriaceae isolated from the junction between the ocean and a freshwater spring, and emended description of the genus Aureitalea Park et al. 2012
- S Park; Jung-Sook Lee; Keun Chul Lee; J H Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, vol. 104, no. 1, pp. 139-147
- Publication Year
- A Gram-negative, non-flagellated, non-gliding and rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated SSK1-1T, was isolated from the junction between the ocean and a freshwater spring at Jeju island of South Korea. Strain SSK1-1T was found to grow optimally at 30 C, at pH 7.0-7.5 and in the presence of 2 % (w/v) NaCl. Neighbour-joining, maximum-likelihood and maximum-parsimony phylogenetic trees based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that strain SSK1-1T is phylogenetically most closely related to members of the genera Ulvibacter and Aureitalea, with which it exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities of 93.1-95.3 %. The results of chemotaxonomic analyses distinguish strain SSK1-1T from the genera Ulvibacter and Aureitalea. Strain SSK1-1T was determined to contain MK-6 as the predominant menaquinone and iso-C15:0, anteiso-C15:0 and iso-C16:0 as the major fatty acids. The major polar lipids of strain SSK1-1T were identified as phosphatidylethanolamine and one unidentified lipid. The DNA G + C content of strain SSK1-1T was determined to be 39.9 mol%. The phylogenetic analysis, chemotaxonomic data and other phenotypic properties revealed that the strain SSK1-1T can be distinguished from the members of previously known genera of the family Flavobacteriaceae. On the basis of the data presented, strain SSK1-1T is considered to represent a novel genus and species, for which the name Jejudonia soesokkakensis gen. nov., sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is SSK1-1T (=KCTC 32325T = CCUG 63830T). An emended description of the genus Aureitalea is also proposed.
- AureitaleaFreshwater springJejudonia soesokkakensisNovel genusNovel speciesOcean
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.