Sphingomonas kyungheensis sp. nov., a bacterium with ginsenoside-converting activity isolated from soil of a ginseng field
Cited 9 time in
- Sphingomonas kyungheensis sp. nov., a bacterium with ginsenoside-converting activity isolated from soil of a ginseng field
- H M Son; J E Yang; Y J Park; C K Han; Song-Gun Kim; M C Kook; T H Yi
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 63, no. 10, pp. 3848-3853
- Publication Year
- A bacterial strain THG-B283T, which has β-glucosidase activity, was isolated from soil of a ginseng field. Cells were Gram-reaction-negative, oxidase- and catalase-positive, aerobic, motile with one polar flagellum and rod-shaped. The strain was subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic study. Strain THG-B283T grew optimally at around pH 7.0, at 25-28 °C and in the absence of NaCl on R2A agar. 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis revealed that strain THG-B283T belongs to the family Sphingomonadaceae and is closely related to Sphingomonas melonis DAPP-PG 224T (98.2 %), S. aquatilis JSS7T (98.1 %), S. insulae DS-28T (97.6 %), S. mali IFO 15500T (97.1 %) and S. pruni IFO 15498T (97.0 %). Strain THG-B283T contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone. The major fatty acids included summed feature 3 (comprising C16: 1ω7c and/or C16: 1ω6c), C18: 1ω7c, C14: 0 2-OH and C16: 0. The DNA G+C content was 72.2 mol%. The major component in the polyamine pattern was sym-homospermidine. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidyldimethylethanolamine, phosphatidylcholine, sphingoglycolipid, diphosphatidylglycerol, an unidentified glycolipid, unidentified aminolipids, an unidentified phospholipid and unidentified lipids. Genomic and chemotaxonomic data supported the affiliation of strain THG-B283T to the genus Sphingomonas. DNA-DNA relatedness between strain THG-B283T and its closest phylogenetic neighbours was below 23 %. On the basis of phenotypic, phylogenetic and genetic data, strain THG-B283T represents a novel species of genus Sphingomonas, for which the name Sphingomonas kyungheensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is THG-B283T (=KACC 16224T=LMG 26582T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.