Nocardioides endophyticus sp. nov. and Nocardioides conyzicola sp. nov., isolated from herbaceous plant roots
Cited 21 time in
- Nocardioides endophyticus sp. nov. and Nocardioides conyzicola sp. nov., isolated from herbaceous plant roots
- J H Han; T S Kim; Y Joung; Mi Na Kim; Kee Sun Shin; T Bae; S B Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 63, no. 12, pp. 4730-4734
- Publication Year
- Two Gram-stain-positive, non-motile, non-spore-forming, rod-shaped actinobacterial strains were isolated from the surface-sterilized roots of mugwort (Artemisia princeps) and horse-weed (Conyza canadensis), and subjected to taxonomic characterization. 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis indicated that the isolates, designated MWE 3-5T and HWE 2-02T, should be placed in the genus Nocardioides of the family Nocardioidaceae. The strains were closely related to Nocardioides hankookensis DS-30T, which exhibited 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity values of 97.99 and 99.09 % with strains MWE 3-5T and HWE 2-02T, respectively. The genome relatedness of N. hankookensis DS-30T with strain MWE 3-5T was 35.8 %, and that with strain HWE 2-02T was 36.4 %, whereas that between the two isolates was 43.2 %. Strains MWE 3-5T and HWE 2-02T possessed MK-8(H4) as the major isoprenoid quinone, and LL-diaminopimelic acid in the cell-wall peptidoglycan. The main fatty acids were iso-C16: 0, iso-C17: 0 and C18: 1ω9c for strain MWE 3-5T and iso-C16: 0, 10-methyl C18: 0 and C18: 1ω9c for strain HWE 2-02T. Based on phenotypic, genotypic and phylogenetic studies, the following two novel species are proposed: Nocardioides endophyticus sp. nov. (type strain, MWE 3-5T = KCTC 29122T = JCM 18532T) and Nocardioides conyzicola sp. nov. (type strain, HWE 2-02T = KCTC 29121T = JCM 18531T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Industrial Bio-materials Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.