Fictibacillus enclensis sp. nov., isolated from marine sediment
Cited 11 time in
- Fictibacillus enclensis sp. nov., isolated from marine sediment
- S G Dastager; R Mawlankar; K Srinivasan; S K Tang; Jae-Chan Lee; V V Ramana; Y S Shouche
- Bibliographic Citation
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, vol. 105, no. 3, pp. 461-469
- Publication Year
- A novel Gram-positive strain, designated NIO-1003T, was isolated from a marine sediment sample collected from the Chorao Island, Goa Provence, India. Strain NIO-1003T was found to be strictly aerobic, motile, endospore-forming rods. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated that strain NIO-1003T belongs to the genus Fictibacillus and to be most closely related to Fictibacillus rigui KCTC 13278T, Fictibacillus solisalsi KCTC 13181T and Fictibacillus barbaricus DSM 14730T with 98.2, 98.0 and 97.2 % similarity and 25, 28, 39 nucleotide differences respectively. Strain NIO-1003T was characterized by having cell-wall peptidoglycan based on meso-diaminopimelic acid and MK-7 as the predominant menaquinone. The polar lipid profile exhibited the major compounds diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylglycerol and phosphatidylethanolamine. In addition, minor amounts of an aminophospholipid were detected. The major fatty acids were identified as ai-C15:0, iso-C15:0, ai-C17:0 and C16:0, supporting the grouping of strain NIO-1003T into the family Bacillaceae. The DNA G+C content of strain NIO-1003T was determined to be 42.6 mol%. On the basis of phenotypic properties, phylogeny and DNA-DNA hybridisation analysis, strain NIO-1003T is considered to represent a novel species of the genus Fictibacillus for which the name Fictibacillus enclensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is NIO-1003T (= NCIM 5458T = DSM 25142T).
- Chorao IslandFictibacillus sp.Polyphasic taxonomy
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.