Discrimination of African yams containing high functional compounds using FT-IR fingerprinting combined by multivariate analysis and quantitative prediction of functional compounds by PLS regression modeling = FT-IR 스펙트럼 데이터의 다변량 통계분석을 이
Cited 2 time in
- Discrimination of African yams containing high functional compounds using FT-IR fingerprinting combined by multivariate analysis and quantitative prediction of functional compounds by PLS regression modeling = FT-IR 스펙트럼 데이터의 다변량 통계분석을 이
- Seung Yeob Song; Eun Yee Jie; Myung-Suk Ahn; D J Kim; I J Kim; Suk Weon Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Horticultural Science & Technology, vol. 32, no. 1, pp. 105-114
- Publication Year
- We established a high throughput screening system of African yam tuber lines which contain high contents of total carotenoids, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds using ultraviolet-visible (UV-VIS) spectroscopy and Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR) spectroscopy in combination with multivariate analysis. The total carotenoids contents from 62 African yam tubers varied from 0.01 to 0.91 μg·g-1dry weight (wt). The total flavonoids and phenolic compounds also varied from 12.9 to 229 μg·g-1and from 0.29 to 5.2 mg·g-1dry wt. FT-IR spectra confirmed typical spectral differences between the frequency regions of 1,700-1,500, 1,500-1,300 and 1,100-950 cm-1, respectively. These spectral regions were reflecting the quantitative and qualitative variations of amide I, II from amino acids and proteins (1,700-1,500 cm-1), phosphodiester groups from nucleic acid and phospholipid (1,500-1,300 cm-1) and carbohydrate compounds (1,100-950 cm-1). Principal component analysis (PCA) and subsequent partial least squarediscriminant analysis (PLS-DA) were able to discriminate the 62 African yam tuber lines into three separate clusters corresponding to their taxonomic relationship. The quantitative prediction modeling of total carotenoids, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds from African yam tuber lines were established using partial least square regression algorithm from FT-IR spectra. The regression coefficients (R2) between predicted values and estimated values of total carotenoids, flavonoids and phenolic compounds were 0.83, 0.86, and 0.72, respectively. These results showed that quantitative predictions of total carotenoids, flavonoids, and phenolic compounds were possible from FT-IR spectra of African yam tuber lines with higher accuracy. Therefore we suggested that quantitative prediction system established in this study could be applied as a rapid selection tool for high yielding African yam lines.
- CarotenoidFlavonoidPartial least squares regressionPhenolics compoundPrincipal component analysisUV-VIS spectrophotometer
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.