Variibacter gotjawalensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from soil of a lava forest
Cited 14 time in
- Variibacter gotjawalensis gen. nov., sp. nov., isolated from soil of a lava forest
- Kwang Kyu Kim; Keun Chul Lee; Mi Kyung Eom; J S Kim; D S Kim; S H Ko; Byung-Hyuk Kim; Jung-Sook Lee
- Bibliographic Citation
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, vol. 105, no. 5, pp. 915-924
- Publication Year
- A novel bacterial strain designated GJW-30T was isolated from soil of the lava forest, Gotjawal, located in Aewol, Jeju, Korea. Strain GJW-30T was found to be strictly aerobic, Gram-negative and to form pleomorphic, non-motile rods and white colonies on R2A agar. The major fatty acids were identified as C18:1ω7c, C16:0 and C 17:0, the predominant isoprenoid quinone as Q-10, the polar lipids as diphosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine, phosphatidylcholine, an unidentified aminolipid and an unidentified lipid. The cell-wall sugar pattern of strain GJW-30T was found to be composed of glucose, ribose and rhamnose and meso-DAP as the diagnostic diamino acid in the cell-wall peptidoglycan. The DNA G+C content of strain GJW-30T is 62.2 mol%. Phylogenetic analysis, based on 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities, showed that strain GJW-30T forms a deep branch within the order Rhizobiales, sharing the highest level of sequence homology with Bradyrhizobium oligotrophicum LMG 10732T (93.6 %). On the basis of the phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic characteristics, strain GJW-30T is considered to represent a novel genus and species, for which the name Variibacter gotjawalensis gen. nov., sp. nov. (the type strain is GJW-30 T = KCTC 32391T = CECT 8514T = LMG 28093 T) is proposed.
- ProteobacteriaTaxonomyVariibacter gotjawalensis gen. nov., sp. nov.
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.