Haloactinopolyspora alkaliphila sp. nov., and emended description of the genus Haloactinopolyspora
Cited 9 time in
- Haloactinopolyspora alkaliphila sp. nov., and emended description of the genus Haloactinopolyspora
- Y G Zhang; Q Liu; H F Wang; D F Zhang; Y M Zhang; Dong Jin Park; Chang-Jin Kim; W J Li
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 1945-1951
- Publication Year
- A facultatively alkaliphilic actinomycete strain, designated EGI 80088T, was isolated from a saline-alkali soil sample from Xinjiang province, north-west China, and subjected to a polyphasic taxonomic characterization. Strain EGI 80088T formed fragmented aerial hyphae and short spore chains, and rod-like spores aggregated at maturity. Whole-cell hydrolysates of the isolate contained LL-diaminopimelic acid as the diagnostic diamino acid, and glucosamine, mannose, galactose, glucose and rhamnose as the marker sugars. The major fatty acids identified (>5 %) were anteiso-C15:0, iso-C15:0, summed feature 4 (iso-C17: 1I/anteiso-C17:1B), iso-C16:0 and anteiso-C17: 0. The predominant menaquinone was MK-9(H4). The G+C content of the genomic DNA of strain EGI 80088T was 70.6 mol%. EGI 80088T showed the highest 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity to its closest phylogenetic neighbour Haloactinopolyspora alba YIM 93246T (98.5 %). The DNA-DNA relatedness value of the strain EGI 80088T and H. alba YIM 93246T was 59.3±5.2 %. On the basis of morphological, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic characteristics and DNA-DNA hybridization data, strain EGI 80088T represents a novel species of the genus Haloactinopolyspora, for which the name Haloactinopolyspora alkaliphila sp. nov. (type strain EGI 80088T = BCRC 16946T = JCM 19128T) is proposed. The description of the genus Haloactinopolyspora has also been emended.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.