Identification and characterization of a short-chain acyl dehydrogenase from Klebsiella pneumoniae and its application for high-level production of L-2,3-butanediol
Cited 12 time in
- Identification and characterization of a short-chain acyl dehydrogenase from Klebsiella pneumoniae and its application for high-level production of L-2,3-butanediol
- Jang Min Park; Won-Kyung Hong; Sung Mok Lee; Sun-Yeon Heo; You Ree Jung; In Yeong Kang; Baek Rock Oh; Jeong-Woo Seo; Chul Ho Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, vol. 41, no. 9, pp. 1425-1433
- Publication Year
- Klebsiella pneumoniae synthesize large amounts of L-2,3-butanediol (L-2,3-BD), but the underlying mechanism has been unknown. In this study, we provide the first identification and characterization of an L-2,3-BD dehydrogenase from K. pneumoniae, demonstrating its reductive activities toward diacetyl and acetoin, and oxidative activity toward L-2,3-BD. Optimum pH, temperature, and kinetics determined for reductive and oxidative reactions support the preferential production of 2,3-BD during cell growth. Synthesis of L-2,3-BD was remarkably enhanced by increasing gene dosage, reaching levels that, to the best of our knowledge, are the highest achieved to date.
- 2,3-Butanediol dehydrogenase/acetoin reductase; Klebsiella pneumonia; L-2,3-butanediol; Stereospecificity
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Microbial Biotechnology Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.