Cited 17 time in
- Homoegonol attenuates the asthmatic responses induced by ovalbumin challange = 호모에고놀의 항천식 효과
- In Sik Shin; Kyung Seop Ahn; Na Rae Shin; Chan Mi Jeon; Ok-Kyoung Kwon; Y W Chin; K Lee; Sei-Ryang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 1201-1210
- Publication Year
- Homoegonol is a lignan derived from styraxlignolide A, which was isolated from Styrax japonica, a medicinal plant widely used for treatment of inflammatory diseases in Korea. We investigated the efficacy of homoegonol for the treatment of allergic asthma using an ovalbumin (OVA)-induced murine asthma model. The mice were sensitized through intraperitoneal injections of OVA on days 0 and 14. On days 21, 22 and 23 after the initial OVA sensitization, the mice were received OVA airway challenge. Homoegonol was administered by oral gavage at a dose of 30 mg/kg 1 h prior to the OVA challenge. The homoegonol-treated mice exhibited reduced inflammatory cell counts and Th2 cytokines in BALF, AHR, and IgE in the serum compared with the OVA-sensitized/challenged mice. The histological analysis of the lung tissue revealed that the administration of homoegonol attenuated the airway inflammation and the mucus overproduction in airway epithelial lesions induced by OVA through a reduction in expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase and matrix metalloproteinase-9. These findings indicate that homoegonol effectively suppresses the asthmatic responses induced by OVA challenge and suggests that homoegonol exhibits potential as therapeutic drug for allergic asthma.
- AsthmaCytokinesHomoegonolInducible nitric oxide synthaseMatrix metalloproteinase-9
- Pharmaceutical Soc Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.