Maribacter caenipelagi sp. nov., a member of the Flavobacteriaceae isolated from a tidal flat sediment of the Yellow Sea in Korea
Cited 16 time in
- Maribacter caenipelagi sp. nov., a member of the Flavobacteriaceae isolated from a tidal flat sediment of the Yellow Sea in Korea
- Y T Jung; Jung-Sook Lee; J H Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, vol. 106, no. 4, pp. 733-742
- Publication Year
- A Gram-strain negative, rod-shaped and gliding bacterial strain, designated HD-44T, was isolated from a tidal flat sediment in the Korean peninsula. Strain HD-44T was found to grow optimally at pH 7.0-8.0, at 25° C and in the presence of 2-3 % (w/v) NaCl. A neighbour-joining phylogenetic tree based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain HD-44T falls within the clade comprising the Maribacter species, clustering with the type strains of Maribacter aquivivus, Maribacterulvicola, Maribacter stanieri, Maribacter dokdonensis, Maribacter orientalis, Maribacterforsetii, Maribacterarcticus and Maribactersedimenticola, with which it exhibits 97.1-98.3 % sequence similarity values. Sequence similarities to the type strains of the other recognized Maribacter species are 95.6-96.8 %. Strain HD-44T was found to contain MK-6 as the predominant menaquinone and iso-C17:0 3-OH, iso-C15:1 G, iso-C15:0 and summed feature 3 (C16:1 ω6c and/or C16:1 ω7c) as the major fatty acids. The major polar lipids were identified as phosphatidylethanolamine and two unidentified lipids. The DNA G+C content of strain HD-44T was determined to be 37.6 mol% and its mean DNA-DNA relatedness values with M. aquivivus KCTC 12968T, M.ulvicola KCTC 12969T, M. stanieri KCTC 22023T, M. dokdonensis DSW-8T, M. orientalis KCTC 12967T, M.forsetii KT02ds18-6T, M. arcticus KCTC 22053T and M. sedimenticola KCTC 12966T were 27.7-8.0 %. Differential phenotypic properties, together with the phylogenetic and genetic distinctiveness, revealed that strain HD-44T is distinguishable from recognized Maribacter species. On the basis of the data presented, strain HD-44T is proposed to represent a novel species of the genus Maribacter, for which the name Maribacter caenipelagi sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is HD-44T (= KCTC 32549T = CECT 8455T).
- BacteroidetesFlavobacteriaceaeMaribacter caenipelagi sp. novTidal flat sediment
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.