Cited 26 time in
- Discrimination of white ginseng origins using multivariate statistical analysis of data sets
- Hyuk-Hwan Song; J Y Moon; Hyung Won Ryu; B S Noh; J H Kim; Hyeong Kyu Lee; Sei-Ryang Oh
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Ginseng Research, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 187-193
- Publication Year
- Background: White ginseng (Panax ginseng Meyer) is commonly distributed as a health food in food
markets. However, there is no practical method for distinguishing Korean white ginseng (KWG) from
Chinese white ginseng (CWG), except for relying on the traceability system in the market.
Methods: Ultra-performance liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight mass spectrometry
combined with orthogonal partial least squares discrimination analysis (OPLS-DA) was employed to
discriminate between KWG and CWG.
Results: The origins of white ginsengs in two test sets (1.0 mL and 0.2 mL injections) could be successfully
discriminated by the OPLS-DA analysis. From OPLS-DA S-plots, KWG exhibited tentative markers derived
from ginsenoside Rf and notoginsenoside R3 isomer, whereas CWG exhibited tentative markers derived
from ginsenoside Ro and chikusetsusaponin Iva.
Conclusion: Results suggest that ultra-performance liquid chromatography quadrupole time-of-flight
mass spectrometry coupled with OPLS-DA is an efficient tool for identifying the difference between the
geographical origins of white ginsengs.
- ginsenosidemetabolomicsPanax ginseng Meyerwhite ginseng
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.