Drought-simulation facility for assessing tolerance and risks of genetically modified crops = GM 작물의 내건성 검정과 위해성 평가를 위한 가뭄모의시설
Cited 0 time in
- Drought-simulation facility for assessing tolerance and risks of genetically modified crops = GM 작물의 내건성 검정과 위해성 평가를 위한 가뭄모의시설
- Kyong Hee Nam; Eun Mi Ko; Do Young Kim; In Soon Pack; Jung Ho Park; Chang-Gi Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Korean Journal of International Agriculture, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 303-309
- Publication Year
- We designed and constructed a drought-simulation facility for use in producing droughttolerant transgenic crops and assessing their associated risks. This facility consists of soil storage containers and rainout shelters. Each container is equipped with an efficient drainage system so that proper drought conditions can be maintained by controlling water flow to and from the soil. The polyvinyl roof and sidewalls close automatically during rain events to exclude rainfall from plots within the containers but re-open under dry conditions. Water is supplied via sub-surface drip irrigation. The soil water content is monitored at 30-min intervals by sensors installed at depths of 10, 20, 30, and 40 cm. For testing its performance, the field within the facility was divided into two systems, well-watered and water-deficit. Three cultivars of rice were grown. During the experiment, the soil water content was relatively lower in the water-deficit system. Regardless of cultivar, the mean values for plant height; panicle length; grain number, weight, and width; 1000-grain weight; and overall yield were significantly lower in that system when compared with those parameters in the well-watered system.
- drought; rainout shelter; risk assessment; transgenic crop
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.