Rpi-blb2-mediated hypersensitive cell death caused by phytophthora infestans AVRblb2 requires SGT1, but not EDS1, NDR1, salicylic acid-, jasmonic acid-, or ethylene-mediated signaling
Cited 15 time in
- Rpi-blb2-mediated hypersensitive cell death caused by phytophthora infestans AVRblb2 requires SGT1, but not EDS1, NDR1, salicylic acid-, jasmonic acid-, or ethylene-mediated signaling
- Sang Keun Oh; Suk Yoon Kwon; D Choi
- Bibliographic Citation
- Plant Pathology Journal, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 254-260
- Publication Year
- Potato Rpi-blb2 encodes a protein with a coiled-coil-nu-cleotide binding site and leucine-rich repeat (CC-NBS-LRR) motif that recognizes the Phytophthora infestans AVRblb2 effector and triggers hypersensitive cell death (HCD). To better understand the components required for Rpi-blb2-mediated HCD in plants, we used virus-induced gene silencing to repress candidate genes in Rpi-blb2-transgenic Nicotiana benthamiana plants and assayed the plants for AVRblb2 effector. Rpi-blb2 triggers HCD through NbSGT1-mediated pathways, but not NbEDS1-or NbNDR1-mediated pathways. In addition, the role of salicylic acid (SA), jasmonic acid (JA), and ethylene (ET) in Rpi-blb2-mediated HCD were analyzed by monitoring of the responses of NbICS1-, NbCOI1-, or NbEIN2-silenced or Rpi-blb2::NahG-transgenic plants. Rpi-blb2-mediated HCD in response to AVRblb2 was not associated with SA accumulation. Thus, SA affects Rpi-blb2-mediated resistance against P. infestans, but not Rpi-blb2-mediated HCD in response to AVRblb2. Additionally, JA and ET signaling were not required for Rpi-blb2-mediated HCD in N. benthamiana. Taken together, these findings suggest that NbSGT1 is a unique positive regulator of Rpi-blb2-mediated HCD in response to AVRblb2, but EDS1, NDR1, SA, JA, and ET are not required.
- AVRblb2 effectorEDS1Hypersensitive cell deathNDR1Rpi-blb2SGT1
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.