Exploration of isosteric replacement of imidazolidinone motif in 4-phenyl-1-arylsul-fonylimidazolidinone with pyrazole and pyrazolidinone for cytotoxicity
Cited 3 time in
- Exploration of isosteric replacement of imidazolidinone motif in 4-phenyl-1-arylsul-fonylimidazolidinone with pyrazole and pyrazolidinone for cytotoxicity
- S Subramanian; V K Sharma; Ji Eun Yun; S H Jung
- Bibliographic Citation
- Bulletin of Korean Chemical Society, vol. 35, no. 10, pp. 2922-2928
- Publication Year
- To investigate the possible isosteric replacement of imidazolidinone moiety in 4-phenyl-1-arylsulfonyl-imidazolidinones (2) for broad and potent anti-cancer agents, a series of 5-phenyl-1H-pyrazol-3-yl 1-(acyl)indoline-5-sulfonates (4) and 1-(1-(acyl)indolin-5-ylsulfonyl)-5-phenylpyrazolidin-3-ones (5) were prepared and evaluated for their cytotoxicity against six human cancer cell lines. Although the pyrazoles 4 or pyrazolidinones 5 showed relatively good activity, still they showed lesser activity in comparison to imidazolidinones 2. These activity decreases could be interpreted with the effect of change of the hydrogen bonding characteristics and the substitution pattern on structural variations of five membered rings from imidazolidinones 2 to pyrazoles 4 and pyrazolidinones 5, respectively. Therefore, it can be concluded that 4-phenyl-1-arylsulfonylimidazolidinone is a basic pharmacophore of imidazolidinones 2.
- Appears in Collections:
- 1. Journal Articles > Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.