Alicyclobacillus tengchongensis sp. nov., a thermo-acidophilic bacterium isolated from hot spring soil
Cited 19 time in
- Alicyclobacillus tengchongensis sp. nov., a thermo-acidophilic bacterium isolated from hot spring soil
- Min Goo Kim; J C Lee; Dong Jin Park; W J Li; Chang-Jin Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Microbiology, vol. 52, no. 10, pp. 884-889
- Publication Year
- A thermo-acidophilic bacterium, designated strain ACK006T, was isolated from the soil of a hot sp.ing at Tengchong in China. Cells were Gram-staining-positive, motile, catalasepositive and oxidase-negative, sp.re-forming rods. The isolate grew aerobically at 30-50°C (optimum at 45°C), pH 2.0-6.0 (optimum pH 3.2) and 0-5.0% (w/v) NaCl (optimum 1% NaCl). Phylogenetic analyses based on 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated that strain ACK006T belongs to the genus Alicyclobacillus with the sequence similarity of 92.3, 92.4, 92.5, and 92.8% to Alicyclobacillus cycloheptanicus SCHT, Alicyclobacillus ferrooxydans TC-34T, Alicyclobacillus contaminans 3-A191T and Alicyclobacillus disulfidooxidans SD-11T, respectively. Similarity to other sp.cies of the genus Alicyclobacillus was 90.3-92.8% and similarity to sp.cies of the genus Tumebacillus was 85.9-87.8%. The genomic DNA G+C content was 53.7 mol%. The predominant menaquinone was MK-7. Major fatty acids were ω-cycloheptane C18:0, iso-C17:0 and anteiso-C17:0. The cell-wall peptidoglycan was the Alγ type; containing meso-diaminopimelic acid as the diagnostic diamino acid. On the basis of polyphasic analysis from this study, strain ACK006T represents a nov.l sp.cies of the genus Alicyclobacillus for which the name Alicyclobacillus tengchongensis sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is ACK006T (=KCTC 33022T =DSM 25924T).
- acidophilic bacteriumAlicyclobacillus tengchongensis sp. nov.taxonomy
- Microbiological Society Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Microbiome Convergence Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.