Altererythrobacter aestiaquae sp. nov., isolated from seawater
Cited 18 time in
- Altererythrobacter aestiaquae sp. nov., isolated from seawater
- Y T Jung; S Park; Jung-Sook Lee; J H Yoon
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 64, no. 12, pp. 3943-3949
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-negative, coccoid- or oval-shaped, gliding bacterial strain, designated HDW-31T, belonging to the class Alphaproteobacteria, was isolated from seawater of the Yellow Sea, Korea, and was subjected to a taxonomic study using a polyphasic approach. Strain HDW-31T grew optimally at pH 7.0？8.0, at 30 °C and in the presence of 2？3 % (w/v) NaCl. Neighbour-joining, maximum-likelihood and maximum-parsimony phylogenetic trees based on 16S rRNA gene sequences showed that strain HDW-31T fell within the clade comprising the genus Altererythrobacter, clustering with the type strains of Altererythrobacter luteolus and Altererythrobacter gangjinensis, with which strain HDW-31T exhibited 97.0 and 96.0 % sequence similarity values, respectively. Sequence similarities to the type strains of the other recognized sp.cies of the genus Altererythrobacter were 93.5？96.0 %. The DNA G+C content was 57.9 mol% and mean DNA？DNA relatedness between strain HDW-31T and the type strain of A. luteolus was 5.3 %. Strain HDW-31T contained Q-10 as the predominant ubiquinone and summed feature 8 (C18: 1ω7c and/or C18: 1ω6c), summed feature 3 (C16: 1ω6c and/or C16: 1ω7c) and C16: 0 as the major fatty acids. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylcholine, phosphatidylglycerol, phosphatidylethanolamine, a sp.ingoglycolipid, two unidentified glycolipids and an unidentified lipid. Differential phenotypic properties, together with the phylogenetic and genetic distinctiveness, demonstrated that strain HDW-31T is distinguishable from recognized sp.cies of the genus Altererythrobacter. On the basis of the data presented, strain HDW-31T is considered to represent a nov.l sp.cies of the genusAltererythrobacter, for which the name Altererythrobacter aestiaquae sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is HDW-31T (= KCTC 42006T = CECT 8527T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.