Flavobacterium arsenitoxidans sp. nov., an arsenite-oxidizing bacterium from Thai soil
Cited 13 time in
- Flavobacterium arsenitoxidans sp. nov., an arsenite-oxidizing bacterium from Thai soil
- S Khianngam; A Akaracharacharanya; Jung-Sook Lee; Keun Chul Lee; K W Kim; S Tanasupawat
- Bibliographic Citation
- Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek International Journal of General and Molecular Microbiology, vol. 106, no. 6, pp. 1239-1246
- Publication Year
- An arsenite-oxidizing bacterium, strain S2-3HT, was isolated from arsenic-contaminated soil sample collected from Dantchaeng district, Suphanburi province, Thailand and was characterized based on polyphasic taxonomic study. The strain was observed to be a Gram-stain negative, aerobic, yellow pigmented, non-spore forming and rod-shaped bacterium. Major menaquinone was MK-6. Iso-C15:0, iso-C15:0 3OH, C16:1 ω7c/C16:1 ω6c, C16:0, iso-C17:0 3OH, and C16:0 3OH were the predominant cellular fatty acids. The polar lipid profile consisted of phosphatidylethanolamine, unidentified phospholipids and unidentified aminophospholipids. The DNA G+C content was 37.0 mol%. Phylogenetic analysis using 16S rRNA sequence showed that strain S2-3HT is affiliated to the genus Flavobacterium, and is closely related to F. defluvii KCTC 12612T (97.0 %) and F. johnsoniae NBRC 14942T (97.0 %). The strain S2-3HT could be clearly distinguished from the related Flavobacterium sp.cies by its physiological and biochemical characteristics as well as its phylogenetic position and DNA？DNA relatedness. Therefore, the strain represents a nov.l sp.cies of the genus Flavobacterium, for which the name Flavobacterium arsenitoxidans sp. nov. (type strain S2-3HT = KCTC 22507T = NBRC 109607T = PCU 331T = TISTR 2238T) is proposed.
- Arsenite-oxidizing bacterium; Flavobacteriaceae; Flavobacterium; Soil
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.