Cited 14 time in
- NPR1 is instrumental in priming for the enhanced flg22-induced MPK3 and MPK6 activation
- So Young Yi; Sung Ran Min; Suk Yoon Kwon
- Bibliographic Citation
- Plant Pathology Journal, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 192-194
- Publication Year
- Pathogen-associated molecular patterns (PAMPs) activate mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs), essential components of plant defense signaling. Salicylic acid (SA) is also central to plant resistance responses, but its specific role in regulation of MAPK activation is not completely defined. We have investigated the role of SA in PAMP-triggered MAPKs pathways in Arabidopsis SA-related mutants, specifically in the flg22-triggered activation of MPK3 and MPK6. cim6, sid2, and npr1 mutants exhibited wild-type-like flg22-triggered MAPKs activation, suggesting that impairment of SA signaling has no effect on the flg22-triggered MAPKs activation. Pretreatment with low concentrations of SA enhanced flg22-induced MPK3 and MPK6 activation in all seedlings except npr1, indicating that NPR1 is involved in SA-mediated priming that enhanced flg22- induced MAPKs activation.
- CIM6; Flg22 response; Mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs); MPK3; MPK6; NPR1; Priming; Salicylic acid signaling; SID2
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomaterials Research > Plant Systems Engineering Research > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomaterials Research > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.