Palleronia soli sp. nov., isolated from a soil sample on reclaimed tidal land, and emended description of the genus Palleronia
Cited 4 time in
- Palleronia soli sp. nov., isolated from a soil sample on reclaimed tidal land, and emended description of the genus Palleronia
- Y Kim; J H Kim; Keun Chul Lee; Jung-Sook Lee; W Kim
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 65, no. 8, pp. 2516-2521
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-negative, strictly aerobic, non-motile, non-spore-forming, short rod-shaped and moderately halophilic bacterial strain, CAU 1105T, was isolated from soil on reclaimed tidal land in Modo, Republic of Korea, and its taxonomic position was investigated using a polyphasic approach. Strain CAU 1105T grows optimally at a temperature of 37 °C at pH 7 in the presence of 3% (w/v) sea salt. Based on 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity analyses, the novel isolate was assigned to the genus Palleronia within the class Alphaproteobacteria and showed the highest 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity with Palleronia marisminoris B33T (95.4 %). Strain CAU 1105T contained ubiquinone-10 as the only respiratory quinone and C18:1 ω7c as the major cellular fatty acid. The DNA G + C content of strain CAU 1105T was 64.3 mol%. On the basis of phenotypic differentiation, phylogenetic and chemotaxonomic data, strain CAU ii05T represents a novel species of the genus Palleronia, for which the name Palleronia soli sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is CAU 1105T (=KCTC 42298T=NBRC ii0740T). An emended description of the genus Palleronia is also provided.
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.