Leeuwenhoekiella polynyae sp. nov., isolated from a polynya in western Antarctica
Cited 4 time in
- Leeuwenhoekiella polynyae sp. nov., isolated from a polynya in western Antarctica
- O J Si; S J Kim; M Y Jung; S B Choi; J G Kim; Song-Gun Kim; S W Roh; S H Lee; S K Rhee
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 1694-1699
- Publication Year
- A Gram-stain-negative, motile by gliding, rod-shaped bacterial strain, designated SOJ2014-1T was isolated from surface water of a polynya in the Antarctic Ocean. A comparative 16S rRNA gene sequence analysis showed that strain SOJ2014-1T belongs to the genus Leeuwenhoekiella and is most closely related to Leeuwenhoekiella marinoflava DSM 3653T (97.5 % 16S rRNA gene sequence similarity). The G+C content of the genomic DNA of strain SOJ2014-1T was 38.8 mol%. Its predominant cellular fatty acids were summed feature 3 (composed of C16 : 1v6c and/or C16 : 1v7c), iso-C17 : 0 3-OH, iso-C15 : 0, iso-C15 : 1 G and summed feature 9 (composed of iso-C17 : 1v9c and/or 10-methyl C16 : 0). DNA？DNA relatedness between strain SOJ2014-1T and close relatives, L. marinoflava DSM 3653T and Leeuwenhoekiella aequorea LMG 22550T , was below 49 %. The respiratory quinone was MK-6. The major polar lipids were phosphatidylethanolamine, an unidentified aminolipid and two unidentified lipids. The strain grew at 0？35 6C (optimum, 25 6C) with 0？14.0 % (w/v) NaCl (optimum, 1.0？5.0 %). It was strictly aerobic and had different carbohydrate utilization traits compared with L. marinoflava DSM 3653T. Based on the phenotypic, chemotaxonomic and phylogenetic analyses, strain SOJ2014-1T is proposed as a representative of a novel species, Leeuwenhoekiella polynyae. The type strain is SOJ2014-1T (5KCTC 42185T5JCM 30387T).
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.