Study on quality characteristics of Korean traditional Kukhwaju by addition of dried Chrysanthemum indicum L. extract into mash = 건조된 감국 열수추출물의 첨가 방법에 따른 국화주의 특성 연구
Cited 0 time in
- Study on quality characteristics of Korean traditional Kukhwaju by addition of dried Chrysanthemum indicum L. extract into mash = 건조된 감국 열수추출물의 첨가 방법에 따른 국화주의 특성 연구
- B H Bang; J K Paik; J Y Choi; E J Jeong; Moon Soo Rhee; D H Yi
- Bibliographic Citation
- Journal of Korean Society for Food Science & Nutrition, vol. 44, no. 9, pp. 1333-1338
- Publication Year
- This study investigated the effects of addition of Chrysanthemum indicum L. extracts on quality characteristics of Kukhwju during fermentation. Fermented liquors without C. indicum L. were used as the control group. For experimental groups, we added 1, 2, 5, and 10% C. indicum L. extracts and brewed according to the addition method written in Yorok. The pH level during fermentation phase, alcohol concentration, level of reducing sugars, and acidity were measured in each of the experimental groups. After fermentation, we measured total contents of phenols, antioxidant effects, free sugars, organic acids, and chromaticity. During fermentation, no significant difference was observed between the C. indicum L. group and control group. Regarding total phenol contents and antioxidant effects, only the 5% and 10% C. indicum L. groups showed higher contents of phenols than the non-addition group. In general, 5% and 10% C. indicum L. addition groups were positively evaluated. In conclusion, Kukhwaju with 10% C. indicum L. extract showed the best antioxidant effects. In the present study, we obtained different characteristics and determined the optimum addition amount of C. indicum L.
- Anti-oxidative effectChrysanthemum indicum L. extract into the mashKukhwaju
- Korea Soc-Assoc-Inst
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.