Cited 0 time in
- A database of gene expression profiles of Korean cancer genome
- Seon-Kyu Kim; In-Sun Chu
- Bibliographic Citation
- Genomics & Informatics, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 86-89
- Publication Year
- Because there are clear molecular differences entailing different treatment effectiveness between Korean and non-Korean cancer patients, identifying distinct molecular characteristics of Korean cancers is profoundly important. Here, we report a web-based data repository, namely Korean Cancer Genome Database (KCGD), for searching gene signatures associated with Korean cancer patients. Currently, a total of 1,403 cancer genomics data were collected, processed and stored in our repository, an ever-growing database. We incorporated most widely used statistical survival analysis methods including the Cox proportional hazard model, log-rank test and Kaplan-Meier plot to provide instant significance estimation for searched molecules. As an initial repository with the aim of Korean-specific marker detection, KCGD would be a promising web application for users without bioinformatics expertise to identify significant factors associated with cancer in Korean.
- biological markers; database, genomics; Korean; neoplasms; prognosis
- South Korea
- Appears in Collections:
- Division of Biomedical Research > Personalized Genomic Medicine Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Division of Biomedical Research > Genome Editing Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.