Cited 5 time in
- Clausena anisata-mediated protection against lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung injury in mice = 클러세나 애니사타의 LPS-유도 폐손상 억제 효과
- Chan Mi Jeon; In Sik Shin; Na Rae Shin; Ju Mi Hong; Ok-Kyoung Kwon; Jung Hee Kim; Sei-Ryang Oh; T T Bach; D V Hai; B H Quang; Sang Ho Choi; Joongku Lee; P K Myung; Kyung Seop Ahn
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Molecular Medicine, vol. 37, pp. 1091-1098
- Publication Year
- Clausena anisata (Willd.) Hook.f. ex Benth. (CA), which is widely used in traditional medicine, reportedly exerts antitumor, anti-inflammatory and other important therapeutic effects. The aim of the present study was to investigate the potential therapeutic effects of CA in a mouse model of lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-induced acute lung injury (ALI) and in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. Male C57BL/6 mice were administered treatments for 3 days by oral gavage. On day 3, the mice were instilled intranasally with LPS or PBS followed 3 h later by oral CA (30 mg/kg) or vehicle administration. In vitro, CA decreased nitric oxide (NO) production and pro-inflammatory cytokines, such as interleukin (IL)-6 and prostaglandin E2 (PGE2), in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. CA also reduced the expression of pro-inflammatory mediators, such as cyclooxygenase-2. In vivo, CA administration significantly reduced inflammatory cell numbers in the bronchoalveolar lavage fluid (BALF) and suppressed pro-inflammatory cytokine levels, including tumor necrosis factor-α (TNF-α), IL-6, and IL-1β, as well as reactive oxygen species production in the BALF. CA also effectively reduced airway inflammation in mouse lung tissue of an LPS-induced ALI mouse model, in addition to decreasing inhibitor κB (IκB) and nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) p65 phosphorylation. Taken together, the findings demonstrated that CA inhibited inflammatory responses in a mouse model of LPS-induced ALI and in LPS-stimulated RAW 264.7 cells. Thus, CA is a potential candidate for development as an adjunctive treatment for inflammatory disorders, such as ALI.
- Acute lung injuryClausena anisata (Willd.) Hook.f. ex Benth.InflammationLipopolysaccharideNuclear factor-κB
- Spandidos Publ Ltd
- Appears in Collections:
- Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > Bio-Resource Central Bank > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Division of National Bio-Infrastructure > International Biological Material Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
Ochang Branch Institute > Natural Product Research Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.