Lacinutrix cladophorae sp. nov., a flavobacterium isolated from the green alga Cladophora stimpsonii, transfer of Flavirhabdus iliipiscaria Shakeela et al. 2015 to the genus Lacinutrix as Lacinutrix iliipiscaria comb. nov. and emended description of the genus Lacinutrix
Cited 4 time in
- Lacinutrix cladophorae sp. nov., a flavobacterium isolated from the green alga Cladophora stimpsonii, transfer of Flavirhabdus iliipiscaria Shakeela et al. 2015 to the genus Lacinutrix as Lacinutrix iliipiscaria comb. nov. and emended description of the genus Lacinutrix
- O I Nedashkovskaya; Song-Gun Kim; N V Zhukova; Jung-Sook Lee; V V Mikhailov
- Bibliographic Citation
- International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology, vol. 66, no. 11, pp. 4339-4346
- Publication Year
- A strictly aerobic, Gram-stain-negative, rod-shaped, motile by gliding and yellow-pigmented bacterium, designated strain 7Alg 4T, was isolated from the green alga Cladophora stimpsonii. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences revealed that the novel strain was affiliated to the family Flavobacteriaceae of the phylum Bacteroidetes, and was most closely related to the recognized species of the genera Lacinutrix and Flavirhabdus, with 16S rRNA gene sequence similarities of 95.1？98.1 and 97.0 %, respectively. Strain 7Alg 4T grew in the presence of 1？5% NaCl and at 4？32 °C, and hydrolysed aesculin, gelatin, starch and Tween 80. The prevalent fatty acids were iso-C15: 1 G, iso-C15: 0, iso-C17: 0 3-OH, iso-C15: 0 3-OH and C15: 0. The polar lipid profile was characterized by the presence of phosphatidylethanolamine, three unidentified aminolipids and four unidentified lipids. The major respiratory quinone was MK- 6. The DNA G+C content was 31.9 mol%. On the basis of the differences in 16S rRNA gene sequences, chemotaxonomic and phenotypic characteristics, it is suggested that strain 7Alg 4T represents a novel species of the genus Lacinutrix, for which the name Lacinutrix cladophorae sp. nov. is proposed. The type strain is 7Alg 4T (=KCTC 23036T=KMM 6381T). Reclassification of Flavirhabdus iliipiscaria as Lacinutrix iliipiscaria comb. nov. and an emend of the genus Lacinutrix are also proposed.
- 16S rRNA gene sequence; Bacteroidetes; Flavobacteriaceae; Green alga Cladophora stimpsonii; Lacinutrix cladophorae sp. nov; Marine bacteria
- Microbiology Soc
- Appears in Collections:
- Jeonbuk Branch Institute > Biological Resource Center > 1. Journal Articles
- Files in This Item:
Items in OpenAccess@KRIBB are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.